PHŌS Church has undergone many different eras, dating all the way back to 1913. What began as a small neighborhood Sunday School group in the city of Detroit transformed through the blessing of God into an established organization. The church officially began in 1921 when it joined the Missionary Church Association under the name of Kerwin Missionary Church.
Four years later, the congregation moved buildings and was renamed Eastlawn Missionary Church. By the 60s, the church numbers were in decline due to many in the congregation migrating to the suburbs of Metro Detroit. In the early 1970s, the current building was constructed in Sterling Heights. In May of 1999, 25 years after the first service, the name of the church was changed to Parkside Community Church.
Throughout 2019 and 2020, the church appealed to the Missionary Church Association for a new, young pastor to come in and revitalize both the congregation and the surrounding area. PHŌS CHURCH is the fresh revival of an institution with nearly 100 years of history. We hope to see the Lord work through us as we bring the Light to the world for the next 100 years.